Grumpy Goat’s Award-Winning Coffee Rubbed Pulled Pork Recipe
Team Grumpy Goat took 2nd Place at the First Annual Bonita Spring EggFest, sponsored by the Big Green Egg, with our pulled pork recipe!
The Grumpy Goat team thought long and hard about what we’d be preparing for the event. After a lot of preparation, we decided on a southwest Florida favorite: pulled pork.
You just can’t go wrong with delicious barbecue. We knew we wanted to incorporate the rich flavors of our Ethiopian coffee, so we concocted a pig rub, featuring Grumpy Goat Coffee’s Ethiopian Dark Roast, and the results were award-winning!
We had a blast at EggFest and we can’t wait for next year’s event (where we’re aiming for 1st Place)! Grumpy Goat wants you to try the Grumpy Goat pulled pork recipe for yourself. Try the recipe below and tag us on Instagram at @grumpygoatcoffee so we can see your cooking in action!
GG Pig Rub
- 1 cup fine ground of Grumpy Goat Coffee’s Ethiopian Dark Roast
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup light chili powder
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup Adobo seasoning
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- Combine ingredients. This is enough rub for 10-15 lbs of meat or 5 cups
GG Mop Sauce
- 1/2 cup of roasting juices from pork (optional)
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Grumpy Goat Coffee’s dark roast, espresso strength
- Makes enough mop sauce for 5-7 pounds cooked meat.
GG Pulled Pork
- 5 pounds pork butt
- 1 1/2 cups Grumpy Pork Rub
- 6 cloves garlic split in half
- 1 cup mojo criollo strained
- 1 marinade injector
- 1 large plastic food bag
- Pat dry pork butt using the injector. Inject 1 cup of mojo into various areas of the pork roast. Then using a paring knife poke 12 holes randomly in the pork roast. Insert garlic halves into the holes pushing them deep. Rub the 1 1/2 cups of pig rub covering entire roast. Place in a food bag and marinate overnight.
- Using a smoker, egg grill or oven preheat to 325 degrees. Cook pork 30 minutes per pound or to 180 degrees until very tender.
- Note: If using a roasting bag you can cook the pork right in the same bag that you marinated it in when using an oven.
- Pork should have a nice black crust. Be sure to serve that as well or incorporate that into your pulled pork using the roasting juices.
Try Our Pulled Pork Recipe
Make it a Grumpy Goat Day with a rich cup of Grumpy Goat Coffee Ethiopian Dark Roast to get you amped to cook our pulled pork recipe! Stock up on Grumpy Goat Coffee and rep us with our patriotic gear!